Women assaulted by locals for feeding stray dogs
Steffi lodged a complaint with the HAL police and investigation has revealed that a heated argument between the locals and Steffi had caused the attack
BENGALURU: On Saturday evening, in Lal Bahadur Shastri Nagar near HAL, east Bengaluru, a woman who was feeding stray dogs was assaulted by locals
As per the complainant Steffi Rajesh, she was walking near an apartment with her dog. Steffi and her husband often feed stray dogs near their house, the police said. "Three dogs surrounded my dog and started barking. Then two youths on a motorbike came and shouted at me saying we had become a menace. I returned home. A little later, three men came near my house and attacked me," she said.
Steffi lodged a complaint with the HAL police and investigation has revealed that a heated argument between the locals and Steffi had caused the attack. "Local residents objected to the couple feeding stray dogs, saying the animals were proving dangerous to them at night. The argument ended in both sides attacking each other," police said.
- Amid criticism by Opposition, Pranab Mukherjee hails Election Commission
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee prepare for hung verdict, non-BJP front in discussion
- Akbar denies meeting Ramani at Oberoi hotel
- Sexual harassment charge filed against Tripura MLA
- 2 dead as truck falls into gorge in J&K's Doda