- Odisha Speaker suspends two BJP lawmakers who flung pulses in house
- Men’s ODI World Cup: New seats, rebranded restrooms at the forefront of upgrades in Arun Jaitley Stadium
- Study finds link between Covid-19 mutations and high immune responses
- Creatine supplements may help people with long Covid
- Delhi: 78th train departs for Ayodhya under Mukhyamantri Teerth Yatra scheme
- CDIL’s new packaging line in Mohali another push to India’s chip journey: MoS IT
- 2 BJP MLAs throw pulses at Odisha Speaker, suspended till end of session
- Asian Games: Indian men's football team bow out in pre-quarters after 0-2 loss to Saudi Arabia
- Lalu Prasad supports Manoj Jha over ‘Thakur’ poem controversy
- Ujjain minor girl rape case: Main accused arrested; tries to flee
Chandrababu to lay foundation for Pattiseema Project tomorrow
Chandrababu To Lay Foundation For Pattiseema Project Tomorrow. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu will lay the foundation stone for the Pattiseema lift irrigation project in Godavari district tomorrow.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu will lay the foundation stone for the Pattiseema lift irrigation project in Godavari district tomorrow.
The highly debated project in recent Assembly session is aimed at diversion of 80 TMC of Godavari water to the Krishna basin and thereafter to the Rayalaseema region for meeting drinking water and irrigation needs.
Pattiseema lift irrigation project will solve water woes of parched Rayalaseema region bringing respite for farmers. Over 3,000 T.M.C of flood water draining into the sea from Godavari will be diverted to solve the water needs of Rayalaseema region.
The project costing Rs.1300 crore was processed, bid called for contract finessed within 45 days and the contractor has to pay a huge demurrage for delay of every single day. The AP government has also promised a 16.9 percent bonus payment for early completion of the project Besides installation of lift irrigation pumps, the project also entailed construction of two km link canal to the Polavaram project to carry Godavari water from Pattiseema.