- Bank deposits losing attractiveness as govt savings schemes see strong growth
- 4th Test: Root, Foakes bat out entire session as England reach 198/5 at tea
- Atlantis The Royal welcomes Louis Vuitton's Iconic Mascot, Vivienne
- India’s GDP to log 6.4% growth in Q3 FY24
- Google's AI chatbot Gemini violates India's IT laws: Rajeev Chandrasekhar
- Celebrities' influence on the fragrance business
- Samsung launches new fitness tracker 'Galaxy Fit3' in India
- Key investors move NCLT against Byju’s rights issue, firm says yet to get any petition
- WPL created a platform for young players to achieve their dreams: Beth Mooney
- Goldman Sachs downgrades key banking stocks, says goldilocks period over
Youth develop website for villagers
Youth from fishermen community, who hail from Patameghavaram village in Santhabommali mandal in the district, developed a website and an android app recently for those who are residing in the village and settled outside.
Srikakulam: Youth from fishermen community, who hail from Patameghavaram village in Santhabommali mandal in the district, developed a website and an android app recently for those who are residing in the village and settled outside.
As most of the villagers migrated to various places across the country, including foreign countries, for bread and butter, fishermen community youth developed website www.patameghavaram.com and an android app in the name of Manavuru (our village) in order to update the migrants on the developments, problems and other issues of their village regularly.
Sirigidi Rama Rao, who completed his master’s degree from Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, developed the website and android app with the help of Surada Raju of Patameghavaram village who is running a service organisation in the village. The aim of the website and app is to connect the people staying in various places who are the natives of Patameghavaram village.
Minister for Transport K Atchennaidu launched the website and app at his camp office at Nimmada village in Kotabommali mandal recently. On the occasion, the minister congratulated the fishermen youth for their innovative attempt.
By Chowdari Lakshmana Rao