- AAP Names Sitting MLAs As Lok Sabha Candidates In Delhi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Two-Day Developmental Tour Across Kerala, Tamil Nadu, And Maharashtra
- Sony to lay off 900 employees from PlayStation gaming division
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi Unveils ₹41,000 Crore Worth Of Railway Infrastructure Projects
- Unveiling the OnePlus Watch 2: A Certified Military Edition- Date, Price, Features, and Details of the Sale
- Centre approves Rs 1,935cr worth highway projects for Himachal, Uttarakhand
- Eye on polls, Maha budget targets thrust areas to achieve $1 Trillion economy
- Delhi HC grants dynamic injunction to Star India against 21 rogue websites
- YS Jagan meets party leaders in Mangalagiri, says emphasises on govt. achievements
- Centre approves highway projects worth Rs 2,333cr in UP, Jharkhand
Special Category Status not mandatory to woo investments: BJP
BJP Development Committee president Yadlapati Raghunatha Babu said that once again it was proved that the industries were coming to the State though Special Category Status (SCS) was not accorded to it.
Vijayawada: BJP Development Committee president Yadlapati Raghunatha Babu said that once again it was proved that the industries were coming to the State though Special Category Status (SCS) was not accorded to it.
Speaking to media persons here on Monday, Raghunatha Babu quoted the statement of Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu that Rs 18 lakh crore worth investments were being materialised in the total MoUs worth of Rs 30 lakh crore investments.
The BJP leader asked the government as to how the investors were expressing interest to invest in the State even there was no SCS. Nearly 20 lakh people would get employment from the MOUs. Even the States which were having SCS could not attract huge investments like Andhra Pradesh, he said.
The SCS was not the only criteria for setting up industries he said and pointed out that the present industries summit has amply proved it. Extending of SCS to any States in future was not possible due to the guidelines issued by Niti Aayog, he added.
The BJP government had offered benefits equally with SCS to State from special package, he said. He took strong objection to the false campaign against the BJP. He asked the State government to establish the High Court in Kurnool and take steps to the development of Rayalseema districts. BJP Media Cell in-charge Dileep was also present.