- Ishan Kishan makes an unremarkable return to competitive cricket in DY Patil T20 Cup
- Hindu vote becomes a factor in US elections
- Jarange-Patil's fall from grace: Maha SIT to probe 7-month Maratha agitation
- PVL Season 3: Karnataka's Ashamat Ullah, a runaway finding home with volleyball
- 'K’taka Cong spent Rs 100 on publicity', LoP Ashoka slams state govt over conference on Constituion
- IND v ENG: McCullum pleads for more games for Bashir, Hartley with County Clubs
- Chandini Chowdary’sfirst look of cop drama-thriller ‘Yevam’ unveiled
- Tamil Nadu has given me unconditional love: PM Modi
- Healthtech startup Zeno Health raises $25 mnc
- Ex-SC Judge Justice AM Khanwilkar Appointed As Lokpal Chairperson
One dies, 15 hurt as pvt travels bus overturns
One person died and 15 passengers sustained injuries when a private travels bus overturned at Pododdi village under Peapully police limits in the wee hours of Wednesday. The victim has been identified as Adithya.
Kurnool: One person died and 15 passengers sustained injuries when a private travels bus overturned at Pododdi village under Peapully police limits in the wee hours of Wednesday. The victim has been identified as Adithya.
On learning about the incident, the police rushed to the spot and shifted the injured to Dhone general hospital for primary treatment. After extending primary aid, the severely injured were shifted to Kurnool general hospital for better treatment.
According to sources, a private travels bus with 50 passengers was said to be heading towards Bengaluru from Hyderabad. The bus which started from Hyderabad on Tuesday night reached Pododdi village in Peapully mandal on Wednesday.
The bus driver was reportedly in a drowsy state lost control on wheel and hit the road divider. As a result, the bus overturned, and 15 passengers suffered injuries.
The locals and police rushed the injured to Dhone general hospital for primary treatment and the severely injured to Kurnool. A passenger, Adithya who was admitted at Gowri Gopal Hospital was said to have breathed his last while undergoing treatment. Peapully police registered a case.