BJP alleges irregularities in housing scheme at Parlova Peta in Kakinada
The BJP team which visited the construction area of housing under PMAY at Parlova Peta here on Tuesday found several loopholes and irregularities in the execution of the project
Kakinada: The BJP team which visited the construction area of housing under PMAY at Parlova Peta here on Tuesday found several loopholes and irregularities in the execution of the project.
According to the party district unit president Y Malakondayya and city unit president P Ravi Kiran, out of 4,600 flats in first phase the required land was 39.8 acres.
However, the authorities allocated only 15 acres and taken up 1,151 flats construction only, they alleged.
There was no time-frame fixed for the allocation of remaining site to take up construction of remaining housing units, they said.
The two leaders alleged that the state government was putting extra financial burden on beneficiaries to the extent of Rs 3.8 lakh though the construction has to be completed within Rs 4 lakh.
Out of this, a total Rs 1.5 lakh state government subsidy and another Rs 1.5 lakh from Central government besides Rs 1 lakh beneficiary contribution.
But the state government made the single flat cost at 7.8 lakh. This has put Rs 3.8 lakh extra cost on common man, almost 90 percent extra on expected cost.
They alleged irregularities and misuse in the entire construction activity.
- Bringing back IAF pilot in 2 days from Pak was major success: Sushma Swaraj
- Virtual SIMs used in Pulwama terror attack; India to approach U.S. for help
- Kanhaiya Kumar to contest from Begusarai as CPI candidate
- Dancer Sapna Choudhary flips, says hasn't joined Congress
- War of words breaks out between Sushma Swaraj, Pakistan minister over abduction of Hindu girls in Sindh