Top

House gutted in fire due to short circuit at Janakinagar in Akiveedu

House gutted in fire due to short circuit at Janakinagar in Akiveedu
x
Highlights

The negligent attitude of electricity staff in tying service wire to a tree proved costly for a family which lost entire property to fire broke out from short circuit at Janakinagar here on Friday

Akiveedu: The ‘negligent attitude’ of electricity staff in tying service wire to a tree proved costly for a family which lost entire property to fire broke out from short circuit at Janakinagar here on Friday.

According to the police, after electricity service disconnection, the department staff tied the wires to a near-by tree some time ago.

K Janaki Lakshmi is the lone breadwinner of the family after husband left home. She has been living with son who is mentally unsound.

She was making preparation for food when a short circuit happened in the backyard.

The fire spread to rear portion of the shed which engulfed in flames.

There was no time for her to protect her household things from the fire.

The entire shed was reduced to ashes. The LPG cylinder exploded with huge sound.

A sum of Rs 25,000 she kept in the safe was also gutted. Her family lost everything in the fire.

Fire tenders rushed to the spot and avoided the near-by houses from catching the flames.

Tahsildar Nagarjuna Reddy, SI Sudhakar Reddy and others visited the spot.

Show Full Article
Print Article
Subscribed Failed...
Subscribed Successfully...
Next Story
More Stories