- Rajamahendravaram: Rural youth trained in making jute products
- Revanth completes 87 public meetings in 63 segments
- V-C Manoj of SRM-AP receives Bhaskar Award
- From Dilli to Hyd’bad gulli, urban voter apathy persists
- Telangana will prosper if Congress wins: Vijayashanti
- Guntur: Police arrest agitating BJP leaders
- Finally, light at the end of the tunnel: All 41 workers rescued safely
- Silent period begins: After campaigning ends, parties begin poll micro management
- Marpu Kavali, Congress Ravali: Sonia to voters
- GEF-UNIDO team discusses progress of projects in Vijayawada
Gutka worth 5.71 lakh seized in Vizianagaram
The vigilance and enforcement officials seized a huge quantity of gutka and khani packets which were banned by the government
Vizianagaram: The vigilance and enforcement officials seized a huge quantity of gutka and khani packets which were banned by the government.
On Saturday, T Harikrishna, regional vigilance officer, stopped a lorry at Pusapatirega on a tip-off, and on checking, he found gutka packets worth Rs 5.71 lakhs.
The banned tobacco products are being transported from Ganjam district in Odisha to Kavali town in Nellore district.
S Krishnamurthy, SI of Pusapatirega, registered a case and seized the vehicle.
Driver of the lorry K Vasudeva Reddy was taken into custody.