- Immunity given to lawmakers should not protect them from criminal prosecution for accepting bribes: Centre in Supreme Court
- 'I am not as communal as I am made out to be': Smriti Irani's swipe at Oppn
- 2 terrorists killed in Kashmir encounter, identified
- SC releases accused, who couldn't comply with HC condition, on bail after 3 years
- Nitish Kumar must answer how JD-U MLC was able to obtain caste survey data: Sushil Modi
- 'Gehlot Saheb, 2023 comes before 2030, have you forgotten count', Nadda takes dig at Raj CM
- What happened on October 5 in History?
- Apollo Medical College hosts 'White Coat Ceremony'
- Know about cybersecurity trends
- Youth shot at by unidentified gunmen in J&K’s Anantnag
YSRCP demands CBI probe into Agrigold scam
The YSR Congress Party Ongole parliament constituency president and former minister, Balineni Srinivasa Reddy demanded that the state government order for CBI inquiry for justice to the victims of Agrigold scam
Ongole: The YSR Congress Party Ongole parliament constituency president and former minister, Balineni Srinivasa Reddy demanded that the state government order for CBI inquiry for justice to the victims of Agrigold scam.
He also demanded for the immediate distribution of Rs 1,176 crore by the government to give relief to the small depositors. Balineni Srinivasa Reddy participated in the protest by the Agrigold Victims Support Committee at the district Collectorate on Thursday afternoon and submitted a memorandum to the district revenue officer Venkata Subbaiah demanding the immediate intervention of the government.
Speaking at the protest, Balineni said that though the Agrigold closed its business years ago, the government failed to do justice to the depositors yet.
He alleged that the members in the government tried to grab properties of the Agrigold, but the High Court didn’t allow it. He said that about 250 victims of Agrigold ended lives in pain, but the government was not responding on the issue.
He announced that YS Jaganmohan Reddy has already promised justice to the Agrigold victims and the party will continue to fight for them.
The Ongole town YSRCP president Singaraju Venkata Rao, Kondepi YSRCP in-charge Dr Madasi Venkaiah, Addanki in-charge Bachina Chenchu Garataiah, Agrigold victims representatives Koteswara Rao, Visalakshi, Srinu Basha, Kurapati Prasad and others also participated in the protest.