- MVV Satyanarayana continues Padayatra for 52nd day
- Former Punjab CM Captain Amarinder Singh Allegedly Orchestrated BJP's Efforts In Himachal Pradesh Turmoil
- DMK MP P Wilson Calls For PM Modi's Attention To Chinese Incursions Amid Ad Controversy
- Challenges In Maharashtra's MVA Alliance: Shiv Sena Discontent Over Seat-Sharing Talks
- Centre sanctions Rs 6,728 crore for Frontier Highway in Arunachal
- EVs can go a long way to help India reach net zero target
- India's Most Powerful Personalities 2024
- Tourist from Maharashtra dies of heart attack in J&K's Sonamarg
- CG Power gets Cabinet nod for Rs 7,600 crore semiconductor unit in Gujarat
- Shahjahan’s close aide Amir Ali Gazi nabbed by CID from Bengal-Jharkhand border
No takers in YSRCP for Vijayawada Lok Sabha seat
The YSR Congress is facing trouble whenever its leadership attempts to select the candidate for Vijayawada Lok Sabha constituency Once again it is proved with superstar G Krishnas brother Adiseshagiri Raos resignation from the party after he was asked by the party to contest from the Lok Sabha seat
Vijayawada: The YSR Congress is facing trouble whenever its leadership attempts to select the candidate for Vijayawada Lok Sabha constituency. Once again it is proved with superstar G Krishna’s brother Adiseshagiri Rao’s resignation from the party after he was asked by the party to contest from the Lok Sabha seat.
Adiseshagiri Rao, who followed YS Jaganmohan Reddy, most of the time during his Praja Sankalpa Yatra, eventually submitted resignation from the party. The party sources said that the developments over selection of Vijayawada MP candidate are the reason for his resignation.
Indeed, YSRCP failed to establish a leader for Vijayawada parliamentary constituency since its inception. At first, industrialist Potluri Varaprasad (PVP) wanted to contest in the 2014 elections. But he quit the party and decided not to contest at all due to some internal disputes with party leadership.
In the last minute, Koneru Rajendra Prasad contested on YSRCP ticket as the MP candidate in the same election. But he failed to win the election and later he left the party. He never took part in any party programme after the 2014 elections. Right from then, no leader claimed as aspirant of the party ticket for Vijayawada parliament seat.
Recently, the party leadership requested former home minister Vasantha Nageswara Rao’s son Vasantha Krishna Prasad to contest from Vijayawada. But he joined the party on condition that he be fielded as candidate for Mylavaram Assembly seat.
YSRCP offered Vijayawada parliament seat to various leaders but the proposals did not materialise. Now, a former police officer is acting as the head of the party in-charge for Vijayawada constituency.
However, the party leadership failed to select suitable candidate for the MP seat in the last four-and-a-half years. According to sources, the YSRCP offered ticket to Krishna’s brother Adiseshagiri Rao but he was keen to contest from Tenali Assembly.