AP Minister Devineni participate in Bogi celebrations
AP Minister Devineni Uma Maheswara Rao participate in the Bhogi festival celebrations at Gollapudi village in Mylavaram constituency in Krishna district on Monday
Vijayawada: AP Minister Devineni Uma Maheswara Rao participate in the Bhogi festival celebrations at Gollapudi village in Mylavaram constituency in Krishna district on Monday.
Speaking at the event Minister conveyed his Bhogi festival greetings to all the people of Andhra Pradesh. The TDP leaders were seen in complete Telugu traditional dress, women and children's enjoyed dancing and singing around the Bhogi flames.
He said that every year people of Gollapudi celebrate Sankranti festival in a great way. He expressed, this festival should bring happiness and prosperity to the people.
The traditions of the Sankranti festival will be safeguarded, so that the coming generations may continue the customs.
Bhogi festival is the first day of the three days of Maha Sankranti festival. On Bhogi, it's the custom that people will collect the waste, unwanted, unused and old things and pool them at a place in the street. Then people join together and burn a bonfire.
- BJP MP Hema Malini files nomination from Mathura
- Delhi court summons lawyer Gautam Khaitan, 3 others in money-laundering case
- General VK Singh files his nomination paper from Ghaziabad Lok Sabha seat
- 43 injured as bus overturns in UP's Balrampur
- Aircel-Maxis case: Protection from arrest to Chidambaram, Karti extended till April 26