- Tension grips Nandyal after residents oppose demolition drive
- ‘Swachhata Hi Seva’ held in its true spirit in Tirupati
- BRS MLC resigns to join Congress
- Telangana: Tough task for BRS to retain city seats
- Yes, it'll be Kurukshetra…We’re Pandavas: Pawan
- Stung by Modi’s jibe, KTR says BRS is a family of 4 cr people in TS
- ‘Jai Bheem’ Nageswara Rao’s services hailed
- ISTC gets best women’s engg college award
- PM dedicates new railway line, five buildings at UoH
- Amruta Ravali mesmerises music lovers
MP K Haribabu inaugurates 2 foot-over-bridges in Visakhapatnam
The second foot over bridge FoB with ramp facility at Simhachalam railway station was inaugurated by MP K Haribabu in presence of Divisional Railway Manager Mukul Saran Mathur
Visakhapatnam: The second foot-over-bridge (FoB) with ramp facility at Simhachalam railway station was inaugurated by MP K Haribabu in presence of Divisional Railway Manager Mukul Saran Mathur.
The bridge will ease the rush in peak season as well as having ramps will be passenger friendly measure. The bridge having three spans is 55 mtr in length constructed with a cost of Rs 2.5 crore.
Speaking on the occasion, Haribabu said that the ever increasing demand of passengers to this tourist spot necessitated additional FoB and as it is very adjacent to Visakhapatnam railway station and it is essential to develop this station as satellite station to decongest the main station.
Later, Haribabu commissioned newly constructed second foot over bridge at Duvvada Railway station, constructed with a cost of Rs 95 lakh.
Later, newly built water tank of 10,000 gallons capacity with dedicated motor facility was also inaugurated by the MP.
On the occasion, Haribabu appreciated the efforts of the DRM and the division in completing the works in short period of time and focusing on improving passenger amenities and safety. All the senior officials of the division were present.