Ryots express concern over shortage of water in Godavari
Due to insufficient water in river Godavari, only water coming from Sileru is the only way to protect paddy crop during this Rabi season in the Godavari delta area
Rajamahendravaram: Due to insufficient water in river Godavari, only water coming from Sileru is the only way to protect paddy crop during this Rabi season in the Godavari delta area.
The farmers and officials are expressing concern over the water scarcity in river Godavari. Earlier, the officials expected that there will be no water problem in Rabi season, but their estimations were found wrong.
According to sources, the paddy was under cultivation in four lakh hectares in the delta area and the cultivation was commenced from the second week of December month.
The present of water in river Godavari also not even 300 cusecs as against of 3,900 cusecs of water 20 days ago. Moreover, 6,629 cusecs of water came from Sileru, which is not
sufficient for paddy cultivation. In addition, 2,000 cusecs of water was also released from Sileru through power generation canal. In spite of these arrivals, there is no sufficient water to release into canals.
A farmer K Lakshman Rao of Kadiyam, said the officilas have failed to estimate the water problems properly and now there is no sufficient water for paddy crop. The government should put its efforts to draw water from other sources which is the need of the hour.
- Bombay High Court asks industrialist Vijaypat Singhania not to release autobiography till March 25
- Narendra Modi or Rahul Gandhi? Mystics split over Lok Sabha elections outcome
- Class ten exam papers of history and political science leaked in Thane
- Nirav Modi's arrest a got-up match ahead of Lok Sabha Elections: Mamata Banerjee
- Kanimozhi gives assurance regarding DMK manifesto