- She Teams caught 55 people red handed for teasing women at Ganesh Pandals in Hyd
- JICA and 8 Japanese organisations supporting IIT Hyderabad host Japan Week
- General elections in Pakistan in last week of January 2024: ECP
- OnePlus Open foldable smartphone launching soon; Expected launch date and features
- Unlocking your career path: The art of information interviewing
- OSCAR Foundation to host UK Football Tour for underprivileged children
- Protests erupt in Karnataka after Supreme Court refuses to interfere with orders on release of Cauvery water to TN
- U'khand CM Dhami slams INDIA bloc over Sanatan Dharma row
- Nifty intra-day rises in the near term could face profit taking
- Asian Games: Swimming federation to the rescue as organisers give no time for acclimatisation
Penukonda festival should reflect Rayalaseema culture
A committee has been formed with collector as the chairman for organising the celebrations, he said and directed the officials to ensure that the festival reflects the true spirit of the Rayalaseema culture
Anantapur: In-charge collector Dilly Rao has asked district officials representing the various departments to work in coordination for the forthcoming 2-day ‘Penukonda Festival’ on February 14-15. Addressing a review meeting in this regard here, Rao said that the festival should showcase village arts and culture.
A committee has been formed with collector as the chairman for organising the celebrations, he said and directed the officials to ensure that the festival reflects the true spirit of the Rayalaseema culture.
Roads and Buildings superintendent engineer Haribabu, Panchayath Raj superintendent engineer Subba Rao, ZP chief executive officer Shobha Swaroopa Rani, joint director of Agriculture Srinivasulu, DRDA project director Venkateswarlu and Tourism regional officer Gopal are part of the committee.