Measures taken for awareness on VVPAT: Collector Praveen Kumar
District Collector Praveen Kumar has said that the district administration has taken measures for creating awareness among the voters on Voter Verified Paper Audit Trial VVPAT The VVPAT helps voter to verify whether heshe voted to right candidate, he said
Eluru: District Collector Praveen Kumar has said that the district administration has taken measures for creating awareness among the voters on Voter Verified Paper Audit Trial (VVPAT). The VVPAT helps voter to verify whether he/she voted to right candidate, he said.
The Collector inspected a godown where Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) and VVPATs were preserved on Monday.
Speaking on the occasion, he said that the Election Commission of India has introduced VVPATs to guide the voters on crosscheck after exercising their franchise.
The administration would organise a constituency-wise awareness sessions on VVPATs for voters, students and political representatives, he said.
The Collector informed that steps were taken to conduct free and fair elections. As part of this, the EC has send 10,916 ballot units, 8528 control units and 8341 VVPATs to the district, he informed.
- Jairam Ramesh skips court in Doval defamation case
- BJP insulting 130cr voters by questioning opposition's PM choice
- Trinamool war room and its strategy to counter BJP
- Madras High Court moves to lift ban on Chinese video app TikTok
- Watch: Empty Air India plane catches fire, company says 'minor' incident