JC to organise voter awareness campaign in Eluru
Joint Collector M Venugopal Reddy has said that awareness campaigns will be arranged at colleges and other places to register voters
Eluru: Joint Collector M Venugopal Reddy has said that awareness campaigns will be arranged at colleges and other places to register voters.
He convened a meeting with representatives of various recognised political parties here on Tuesday.
Speaking on the occasion, he informed the leaders that 200 EVMs and VVPATs have been arranged to help people on exercising vote and verifying it immediately after voting.
He said that the administration had registered all eligible persons as voters. In its efforts to include those who were still left without registration, it will be going to organise awareness campaigns at important places.
The JC sought cooperation of political parties to create awareness among the people.
Responding to a complaint from the political parties that booth level officials were denying possession of voter list with them, the JC said that they have already provided voters list to all VROs. They will provide the list to those who did not receive it so far, he assured.
The JC said that voters who wish to know about status of their vote can make a call to Call Centre 1950 between 9 am and 5 pm.
- Opposition leaders set to meet; also to move Election Commission over VVPATs
- Countdown begins for Indian rocket's Wednesday launch
- Ahead of opposition meet over EVM issues, Kumaraswamy cancels Delhi visit
- Watch: Due to a technical snag, Delhi Metro services affected on Yellow Line
- Supreme Court stays Delhi HC order disallowing black money law to operate retrospectively