Jaguar XF 240 launched
Jaguar XF 240 Launched. A new Jaguar model was revealed with a Hollywood stuntman driving the new Jaguar car over the world\'s longest high-wire crossing.
London: A new Jaguar model was revealed with a Hollywood stuntman driving the new Jaguar car over the world's longest high-wire crossing.
Hollywood action man Jim Dowdall drove Jaguar's new model XF 240 over two wobbly carbon wires just 3 millimetres wide that had been suspended over the Thames near Canary Wharf in London, the Daily Star reported.
Dowdall, who has starred in the the 'Bourne' series and James Bond franchises, took the car the 240m from start to finish in around three minutes.
The Hollywood action man said that over his 35 years in the industry he had driven Jaguars on many Hollywood movie sets, however, the biggest test for him on this stunt was the unpredictability of the elements.
Fiona Pargeter, global PR communications director for Jaguar Land Rover said that it seemed like the rush hour hustle stopped for a few minutes as the XF made its graceful journey above the water.
The stunt was designed to demonstrate how lightweight the car is.
- Exit polls are shown by media but BJP will be thrown out of power: Babbar
- 60-yr-old BJP worker shot dead by Congress leader in Madhya Pradesh, party says political rivalry
- No meetings scheduled for Mayawati in Delhi today, will be in Lucknow: BSP
- Drama looms up over Kejriwal security jibe; BJP files case
- CEO hopes for raise of 3rd gender voter percentage in future