- Delhi government has once again announced winter vacation in Delhi
- Last hospital in northern Gaza halts operation: Health official
- Delhi HC orders reassessment of value of Salman Rushdie's ancestral house
- Hostages require regular medical care, says Hostages and Missing Families Forum
- Rupee edges up as more foreign funds flow into stocks
- Telangana New CM Revanth Reddy Swearing-In Ceremony Live Updates
- Delhi court grants bail to an accused in 2020 riots case
- Wedding season expected to boost vehicle sales: FADA
- Q-Line Biotech (POCT Group) establishes medical equipment manufacturing unit in Lucknow
- BJP MLA Yatnal's Accusation Sparks Controversy
Adnan Sami Granted Visa Extension 11 Days Ago
Adnan Sami Granted Visa Extension 11 Days Ago .Adnan Sami got visa extension 11 days ago.
Mumbai, Oct 17 Contrary to speculation, Britain-born Pakistani singer Adnan Sami had been granted a three-month visa extention from Oct 6, the day his earlier document had expired, an official said here Thursday. The singer says he is overjoyed
Mumbai police Thursday received intimation about the three-month visa extension granted to the singer from the union home ministry.
Accordingly, the 44-year old Sami was not staying in India illegally, as alleged by some state political parties.
The development comes in the wake of a notice issued by the Mumbai police Tuesday demanding an explanation from Sami for overstaying.Sami's last visa was valid from Sep 26, 2012 to Oct 6, and he had appled for an extension Sep 14, as per standard procedure he had adopted past 14 years.
However, the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena ordered him to leave the country immediately and return only after his visa was renewed, while state Bharatiya Janata Party demanded his deportation.
"It gives me immense pleasure to announce that the Ministry of Home Affairs New Delhi has kindly extended my business visa! I am overjoyed," Adnan said in his Facebook post.
"I would like to thank the honourable government of India for their kind visa extension. I would like to thank all my loved ones and well-wishers for their love and support. I would also like to thank the respected media for being patient and giving me the opportunity to present my stand. I am very happy. God is great. God is great," he wrote.