- Navigating Ramadan: Finding Harmony Between Technology and Spirituality
- Navigating the first trimester
- WPL 2024: We are still in it but have got some work to do, says Gujarat Giants’ coach Klinger
- 'India has eliminated extreme poverty,' claims US think-tank; says 'decline in 11 yrs comparable to past 30 yrs'
- YSRCP to announce manifesto during Bapatla Siddham meeting
- Polio Day 2024: Benefits of polio vaccine for your kid
- Three arrested in connection with Bangladesh building fire
- Yuvraj Singh Clears Up Rumors About Joining Politics
- Bengaluru Cafe Blast: Suspect Enjoyed Meal Before Planting Bomb
- Business rivalry angle also being probed in B’luru cafe blast case: K’taka Home Min
Economy not out of danger zone
Indian economy is still not out of the woods as industrial production slackened to a four-month low of 3.6 per cent while retail inflation inched up to 5 per cent.
New Delhi : Indian economy is still not out of the woods as industrial production slackened to a four-month low of 3.6 per cent while retail inflation inched up to 5 per cent.
According to data released on Thursday by the CSO, the 3.6 per cent industrial production growth for September is lowest since 2.5 per cent rise in May this year.
While the growth rate for the latest month is higher than 2.6 per cent rate recorded in September 2014, it has fallen sharply from 6.2 per cent in August 2015 mainly because of subdued performance of the manufacturing sector.
The retail inflation rose to four-month high of 5 per cent in October compared with 4.41 per cent in September this year and 4.62 per cent in October 2014. This will be the last set of macro data this year RBI will consider before it heads into its policy review due in December.