Azure bags 100 MW solar power projects
Azure Power, an independent power producer in the solar power space, said it bagged solar power projects totaling 100 MW capacity from energy major NTPC.
Hyderabad: Azure Power, an independent power producer in the solar power space, said it bagged solar power projects totaling 100 MW capacity from energy major NTPC. The projects will be built in the solar power park in Andhra Pradesh, where NTPC auctioned a total capacity of 1000 MW of solar power as part of the National Solar Mission.
“Though ten companies participated in the online reverse auction, Azure Power secured 100 MW of the total 150 MW capacity auctioned off. The tariff on the project will be Rs 5.12/ kWh, almost 11 per cent higher than earlier two auctions conducted at the solar park,” the company said in a release.
The projects of 150 MW capacity should be built, using solar cells and modules manufactured in India to promote the government’s Make in India campaign.
- Vice President Naidu calls for concerted global action to eliminate terror
- Twenty-seven thousand youths lose their jobs every 24 hours: Rahul in Amethi
- Deve Gowda urges world community to come together to eliminate terrorism
- Cong, CPI(M) working together to make Modi PM again: Mamata
- Delhi HC defers hearing appeal filed by anti-Sikh riots convicts to May 20