MF asset base surges 21% in 2015
Strong participation from retail investors and robust inflow in equity schemes helped the mutual fund industry\'s asset base soar by 21.1 per cent to Rs 13.4 lakh crore in 2015.
New Delhi : Strong participation from retail investors and robust inflow in equity schemes helped the mutual fund industry's asset base soar by 21.1 per cent to Rs 13.4 lakh crore in 2015.
The country's 44 fund houses together had an average assets under management (AUM) of Rs 11.06 lakh crore at the end of December 2014, compared to Rs 13.39 lakh crore registered in December-end last year, as per latest data available with Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI).
Given the sluggish trends in the real estate market and continued fall in gold prices, the mutual fund (MF) industry expects to attract a larger share of the Indian households' savings from this year.
- 98 per cent Indians will prefer sustainable stays in next 1 year
- Sonia Gandhi takes a jibe at Modi, says India has never seen such an irresponsible PM
- Thol Thirumavalavan: More than 95 Dalits were not allowed to vote in TN
- Popular Bollywood actor joins politics
- Cage's Wife of 4 days Asks for Spousal Support in Ongoing Divorce