- How Smoking Affects Women's Reproductive Health and Pregnancy
- Congress Government's Assurances Goes through a tough Quality check
- Eatala to be appointed as chairman of campaign committee: BJP sources
- Karwar Port Triumphs Over Legal Challenges, Paving the Way for 1.15 Million MT Iron Ore Export
- CM Cup 2023: Hyderabad beats Jogulamba Gadwal to secure 1st spot in soccer
- Writers have a bigger responsibility to play in society: K Kavitha
- Hyderabad: Celebrities urged not to promote tobacco
- BRS MP Santosh thanks BCCI for the green initiative
- The magic of mirrors
- Eating junk food is linked to lower quality of deep sleep: study
BHEL bags order worth Rs. 672 crore from Indian Railways
Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has secured a landmark contract valued at Rs. 672 crore from the Rail Coach Factory (RCF) Kapurthala.
New Delhi : Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has secured a landmark contract valued at Rs. 672 crore from the Rail Coach Factory (RCF) Kapurthala.
The order is for supply of 146 sets of IGBT-based 3 phase electrics for 25 KV AC Mainline EMU trains (MEMU Trains), BHEL said in a corporate filing.
"BHEL's scope of work in the order envisages design, manufacture, supply, installation and commissioning of IGBT-based propulsion system and other equipment for MEMU trains of Indian Railways," the official statement said.
BHEL also pointed out that these state of the art system and equipment will be developed and produced by it at its various manufacturing plants located at Bengaluru, Bhopal and Jhansi.
The company also emphasized that it has been a reliable and trusted partner in the growth of Indian Railways for over 50 years and has always remained in the forefront for bringing new technology.
It has been supplying electric as well as diesel locomotives, EMUs, propulsion system sets and drives to Indian Railways over the years.