- I am lucky to be born as NTR’s son: Balakrishna
- Extend support to revive Urdu journalism, Shabbir pleads with Telangana government
- Hyderabad: DRDO assures all support to make India a net defence exporter
- CPI asks Bandi sanjay to control his mouth, says People will not let BJP enter Telangana
- BRS demands BJP MPs to release white paper on their contribution for Telangana development
- AP needs to adopt Telangana model for development: Thota Chandrashekar
- Hyderabad: KCR stresses need to preserve Vedic values
- Woman sets husband ablaze in Sangareddy
- Andhra Pradesh behind by 40 per cent in revenue: Chandrababu Naidu
- Vishwak Sen’s ‘Rags Look’ From His 11th Movie Is Unveiled On The Occasion Of Senior NTR’s 100th Birth Anniversary…
University of Rochester institutes Rajesh Wadhawan Chair for Development Economics
The Simon Business School at the University of Rochester announced the establishment of the Rajesh Wadhawan Chair for Development Economics, in commemoration of the WGC Group\'s founder and his vision of economic equitability.
Mumbai (Maharashtra) : The Simon Business School at the University of Rochester announced the establishment of the Rajesh Wadhawan Chair for Development Economics, in commemoration of the WGC Group's founder and his vision of economic equitability.
Over the last three decades, the WGC Group has been at forefront of developing solutions for financial inclusion of the marginalised sections. The Chair is a part of its social investments to enable opportunities for the transformative progress of these communities. It is aimed to be a critical driver of new insights and enabling wisdom in the understanding of development economics.
The WGC Group will continue to support the Chair's curriculum by offering internships and other associations to students across its Group companies' offices in India and the UK.
"Through the investiture of the Rajesh Wadhawan Chair, the Wadhawan family and the WGC Group reinforce their commitment towards creating a more equitable society. Their generosity will enable us to channelize analytical research towards solutions for inclusive growth. Through this partnership, we are hopeful of deepening our participation in the global dialogue for financial inclusivity," said Dean Andrew Ainslie of Simon Business School.
"The Rajesh Wadhawan Chair reinstates our founder's legacy of doing business with purpose. As we take our partnership with the Simon Business School to the next level, we aim to shape a future of equitable progress and create a larger impact globally," added Kapil Wadhawan, WGC Group Chairman.
Professor Gregory H. Bauer, Associate Dean of Full-Time Programs, Simon Business School has been nominated as the permanent faculty for the Chair. He was associated with the Bank of Canada as the Senior Research Director for Financial Markets.
Professor Bauer has taught at the Simon School for 22 years. He is a four-time winner of the Superior Teaching Award from the Simon MBA program and a multiple winner of awards from the Executive MBA program. His research concerns international capital flows and the origins of financial crises.