Features of new Rs 100 notes to be issued by RBI
The Reserve Bank of India RBI made an announcement regarding the issuing of new Rs 100 notes under the Mahatma Gandhi New Series
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) made an announcement regarding the issuing of new Rs 100 notes under the ‘Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series.
The new Rs 100 notes with the motif of ‘RANI KI VAV’ on the reverse will be lavender in colour and be released shortly.
Here’s all you need to know about the new notes -
- The new notes will have the Reserve Bank governor Urjit Patel's signature with promise clause and the RBI emblem towards the right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait.
- Denominational numeral 100 (written in Devanagari)
- Micro letters ‘RBI’, ‘Bharat’ (in Devanagari), ‘India’ and ‘100’
- Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right
- Number panel with numerals in ascending font on the top left and bottom right
- Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre
- Latent image with denominational numeral 100
- See-through register with denominational numeral 100
- Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (100) watermarks
- Raised printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, triangular identification mark with micro-text 100, four angular bleed lines and the Ashoka Pillar emblem for the visually impaired.
- The security thread has ‘Bharat’ inscribed in Devanagari and RBI with colour shift. Also, when the note is tilted, the colour of the thread changes from green to blue.
- On the back side, the note will have Swachh Bharat logo with the slogan, Year of printing of the note on the left and language panel.