- Raj Bhavan-Bengal govt tiff set to aggravate as Guv appoints 6 more interm V-Cs
- Himachal govt to set up commando force: CM Sukhu
- Doctor passengers help baby suffering from severe breathing crisis on flight
- Number of students in Delhi govt schools decreases by over 30,000: RTI reply
- US condemns China for imposing life sentence on Uyghur academic
- Lorry owners strike - makes no headway
- Hina Khan embraces inner strength as ’Sher Khan’: It’s truly a game changer
- Bengaluru Kambala: No deviation from the court orders says organisers
- Congress has appointed Ajay Maken as the new Treasurer of AICC
- PM Modi lays foundation stone for multiple development projects in Mahaboob Nagar district
I'm not an item girl, says Shweta Sharma
Actress Shweta Sharma says she doesn\'t like to be tagged as an item girl.
Mumbai: Actress Shweta Sharma says she doesn't like to be tagged as an item girl.
Shweta recently featured in three songs in the investigative thriller "Charlie Kay Chakkar Mein", a film starring Naseeruddin Shah. But she doesn’t believe in calling herself an item girl.
"I have a serious problem with this Bollywood trend of labeling any dancer as item girl. Some people have even termed me as an item girl but I want to categorically state that I'm not an item girl,” Shweta told IANS.
“Item girls are those who just do a lot of skin show and hardly dance or perform,” she added.
The actress also shared that she always tries to narrate a story through her songs.
"If you see my songs in my last release 'Charlie Kay Chakkar Mein', you'll see that I'm trying to convey a point through my performance with the help of the lyrics of the songs."
“I intentionally try to choose those songs which give me an opportunity to act or narrate a story and not dance around with vulgar moves,” she added.