- Mallampally as new mandal
- The list of LS ticket prospects becomes longer in Kerala
- Sitharaman credits Narasimha Rao for bringing 33% reservation for women at Panchayat level
- High-speed train between Ahmedabad & Sanand to commence operations in 6 months
- Delhi Police file charge sheet before court in Pragati Maidan tunnel robbery case
- India 'oldest democracy', publish books presenting its journey to world: Om Birla to publishers
- Women's representation in policymaking now set to increase significantly, says Anurag Thakur
- Assam government waives off loans of 2.2 lakh women
- I don't think anyone in world cricket at the moment would have a seam position as good as Shami: Harbhajan Singh
- Two terrorists arrested in J&K’s Baramulla
Zee Talkies’ ‘Talkies Lighthouse’, brings Short Films to television for the audiences of Maharashtra this New Year!
For the first time ever on television, Zee Talkies is all set to bring the Short film format to the audience of Maharashtra with Talkies Lighthouse. It will include a series of handpicked short films, wrapped in an entertaining format of 90 minutes to be telecasted on the channel, starting January 10, 2016.
Mumbai : For the first time ever on television, Zee Talkies is all set to bring the Short film format to the audience of Maharashtra with Talkies Lighthouse. It will include a series of handpicked short films, wrapped in an entertaining format of 90 minutes to be telecasted on the channel, starting January 10, 2016. The short films will be showcased by lead actors Lalit Prabhakar, a well-known television & theatre actor, and Neha Mahajan from the ‘Coffee aani Barach Kahi’ fame.
Speaking about Talkies Lighthouse, Bavesh Janavlekar, Business Head, Zee Talkies, said, this is the first ever initiative in the Marathi entertainment arena, and one that has been packaged differently. "The output of Marathi films has accelerated in the last 2-3 years. We believe that there is a lot of talent which is unexposed due to lack of opportunities. There are aspiring film makers who have limited access to the audiences even though with a good product in hand. Until now, we were only focusing on films and film-related events, and this is the first time we are exploring an innovative approach to launch short films in a show wrapped around entertainment."
Positioning itself as a purely film entertainment channel, Zee Talkies with this initiative seeks to provide budding actors and directors an opportunity to show their talent with Talkies Lighthouse. With an aim to connect with the youth through the rising trend of short films, Zee Talkies Lighthouse is a unique initiative that brings talent to the limelight.