- Addition of sedition in rioting case: HC seeks police stand on Sharjeel Imam’s plea
- Another Congress ally backs Kejriwal on Ordinance row
- Delhi teen murder: Six inch long knife recovered by police
- Sushma’s daughter ‘defends’ Brij Bhushan
- 1984 anti-Sikh riots case: Supplementary charge sheet against Tytler approved
- Sisodia allowed to meet ailing wife at residence in custody
- Tirupati: Religious fervour marks Rathotsavam
- Vijayawada: Centre to sanction Rs 12,911 cr to complete Polavaram project says G V L Narasimha Rao
- Visakhapatnam: ‘First day, first show’ now from home
- Guntur: Yantra Seva, CM Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy flags off tractors, harvesters
Revathy to direct Telugu, Tamil remake of Queen
Veteran actor-filmmaker Revathy, known for directing films like \'Mitr, My Friend\' and \'Phir Milenge\' will helm the yet-untitled Telugu and Tamil remake of Vikas Bahl’s critically-acclaimed 2013 film \'Queen\'.
Veteran actor-filmmaker Revathy, known for directing films like 'Mitr, My Friend' and 'Phir Milenge' will helm the yet-untitled Telugu and Tamil remake of Vikas Bahl’s critically-acclaimed 2013 film 'Queen'.
“Revathy has been roped in to direct the remake. While the lead cast is yet to be finalised, the film will have dialogues in both the languages by actress Suhasini Mani Ratnam,” a source said.
‘Queen’ is the story of a young Punjabi girl, played by Kangana Ranaut, who embarks on her honeymoon to Paris alone after her fiancé calls off her wedding. The source further added that the project is slated to go on the floors later this year.
“Suhasini has finished worked on the first half of the film. She’ll spend next couple of months to finish work on the second half. By October or November, the film will most likely go to the sets,” the source said. The remake is being bankrolled by producer Thiyagarajan.