- How online learning is transforming teaching careers?
- Swami Vivekananda U20 National Football to kickstart in April
- Mumbai woman cured of epilepsy after part of her brain removed
- MP-PSC delegation presents 66th report to Governor Mangubhai Patel
- Political googly? Sharad Pawar invites Maha CM, Deputy CMs home for dinner
- Sharad Pawar Extends Dinner Invitation Amidst Political Tensions In Baramati
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4 per cent in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6 per cent
- SCBA GBM to discuss nomination of women advocates as Executive Members within two months
- Anant National University organises International Symposium on Architecture for All: Call of the Future
- Protein linked to Parkinson's also key for normal brain work: IIT Mandi study
I'm unfortunately known as a brooding actor: Ali Fazal
Actor Ali Fazal, who feels he has been “unfortunately” given the tag of a “brooding actor” in Bollywood, says he wants to explore the comedy genre.
Mumbai: Actor Ali Fazal, who feels he has been “unfortunately” given the tag of a “brooding actor” in Bollywood, says he wants to explore the comedy genre.
After “Fukrey”, “Bobby Jasoos” and “Khamoshiyan”, Ali will now be part of romantic-comedy "Happy Bhaag Jayegi".
Asked about trying his hand at comedy, Ali told IANS: “I love comedy. It is my favourite genre. I think I have unfortunately come to be known as some brooding actor, but I love comedy. It is the essence of Bollywood, anyway.”
"Happy Bhaag Jayegi" also marks Abhay Deol's comeback to the big screen after the 2014 release "One by Two", and model-turned-actress Diana Penty's second film post her debut with 2012 film "Cocktail".
Ali described the forthcoming film as a “very sweet rom-com kind of film” which is “based in Punjab” and has an earthy feel to it.
Directed by Mudassar Aziz and produced by Aanand L. Rai, the romantic comedy also features Jimmy Sheirgill and Piyush Mishra.
The “Furious 7” star added that he “is very excited about the film and for sharing screen space with great actors like Jimmy, doing funny scenes”.