The Hans meets Hans
The Hans India journalist covering the Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) was in for surprise when he met a delegate from the United Arab Emirates.
The Hans India journalist covering the Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) was in for surprise when he met a delegate from the United Arab Emirates. An investor who has a large incubation centre with 800 startups in Dubai, he asked the journalist to wait for a minute and then showed an image on his WhatsApp. To the journalist’s astonishment, the image is an old copy of The Hans India with the masthead appearing prominently.
“My name is also Hans. I was happy to see a newspaper with my name a few months ago and took a snap of the masthead,” he said, looking at the newspaper clip on his mobile screen. His business card says his name as Hans Henrik Christensen. A European, he is Director of Dubai Technology Centre (Dtec). It’s a Government of Dubai initiative to encourage entrepreneurs in Dubai.
“Nearly 200 startups in our centre have been founded by Indians. There are some promoters hailing from Hyderabad as well. I am here to see how the startup ecosystem is evolving,” Mr Hans told The Hans, smiling. Goodbye for now Mr Hans and hope you cherish our masthead forever!
- UP: Woman arrested for killing husband with lover's help
- Exit polls are shown by media but BJP will be thrown out of power: Babbar
- 60-yr-old BJP worker shot dead by Congress leader in Madhya Pradesh, party says political rivalry
- No meetings scheduled for Mayawati in Delhi today, will be in Lucknow: BSP
- Drama looms up over Kejriwal security jibe; BJP files case