East Godavari: Thousands moved to relief camps post floods
East Godavari: Thousands Moved To Relief Camps Post Floods. East Godavari district collector Neetu Kumari Prasad said on Sunday that 22,166 people have been shifted to relief camps so far.
Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh: East Godavari district collector Neetu Kumari Prasad said on Sunday that 22,166 people have been shifted to relief camps so far.
"A total of 22,166 people including 15,483 adults and 6,683 children have been shifted to relief camps set up at Amalapuram, Kakinada, Ramachandrapuram, Rajahmundry and Peddapuram division in the district so far," she said in a statement in Rajahmundry in Andhra Pradesh.
Some 23,845 food packets, 176 milk packets and 30,176 drinking water pouches have been distributed to people in relief camps and one medical camp has been conducted in Amalapuram division, she said.
Union Minister M M Pallam Raju, State Minister Thota Narasimhmam and district collector Neetu Kumari Prasad visited rain-affected areas in the district.
Mr Narasimham also discussed the condition of people in low-lying areas of Subbarayudu, Suddagadda and Yeluru reservoirs, with officials.
- Playing politics on dead bodies: Farmer rejects Hardik's copter to land on his farm
- Stay away from Indian elections, we don't need your advice: Ram Madhav on Imran Khan
- Biopic on PM Modi a joke, comedy film should be made: Urmila Matondkar
- Not going to retire; will be by Rahul's side when he becomes PM: Gowda
- Used to hit me with belt day, night: Sadhvi breaks down recalling 'torture'