Top

Reserved EAMCET seats on sale in Hyderabad

Reserved EAMCET seats on sale in Hyderabad
Highlights

Reserved EAMCET Seats on Sale in Hyderabad. According to sources, it has been a routine practice for the Private colleges that they allure the top...

Hyderabad: According to sources, it has been a routine practice for the Private colleges that they allure the top rankers of EAMCET and block them under the convenor quota seats. Later, when these toppers get admission into the national level colleges, the same would be auctioned under management quota, as soon as the counselling process concludes. The private engineering colleges have already become ready for this process even this year, as the counselling is scheduled to commence in the last week of this month. It is evident that in general, the top rankers won’t choose colleges in the state but opt for the premier IITs and NITs.

According to sources, few institutions even bribe the students to opt for their colleges in counselling under convenor quota and then allow them to vacate the seat, leaving the seat open for sale under management quota. Based on the existing rules, 70% of the seats in any college can be filled only under the convenor quota, for which students pay the government prescribed nominal fee. The remaining 30 per cent seats are filled under the management quota at a higher fee. Entrapping the top rankers in the initial stages would later make the colleges have more number of seats vacant that ultimately pave them a way for selling such seats under management quota, added sources.

Such a practice though is illegal the concerned authorities could not do anything until and unless it is proven a deliberate act. The technical loophole has been better utilised by the college management, added sources.

Show Full Article
Print Article

Download The Hans India Android App or iOS App for the Latest update on your phone.
Subscribed Failed...
Subscribed Successfully...
Next Story
More Stories