- Hyderabad Public School plans grand finale of centenary celebrations
- University of North Florida Dean Visited GITAM
- GITAM Organises CPR Awareness Program
- Karnataka government invites startups to provide tech solutions
- Inculcating experience-oriented education amongst growing children India
- Google introduces Gemini GenAI model for highly complex tasks
- Why being mindful of heart health during winter is crucial
- J&K’s two bills seek to nominate two Kashmiri migrant community members: Shah
- Mahindra to hike vehicle prices from next month
- First instalment of drought relief for farmers within next week: CM Siddaramaiah instructs
IIM-B students celebrate Joy of Giving Week – Daan Utsav 2018
Daan Utsav is celebrated, nationwide, as the Joy of Giving Week from October 28 As a part of Daan Utsav, IIMBangalores studentdriven social impact club, Vikasana, organises several events
Hyderabad: Daan Utsav is celebrated, nationwide, as the Joy of Giving Week from October 2-8. As a part of Daan Utsav, IIM-Bangalore’s student-driven social impact club, Vikasana, organises several events.
Twaran, the run-for-a-cause event, which is organised on October 2 every year, marks the momentous beginning of Daan Utsav celebrations at IIMB. This year, Twaran will raise money for the NGO, Bosco, which rescues children from the streets and provides care and support to them.
As a part of the Joy of Giving Week this year, Vikasana will also host ‘Dhanyavadagalu’, a thanksgiving for the support staff community at IIMB. On October 6, Vikasana will host ‘Creativity for a Cause’, an event where artwork created by the students of IIMB will be sold to support a cause. Towards this end, Vikasana will collaborate with Brindavan Education Trust, which provides education to children with specific learning challenges.
With the event, ‘Live beyond Your Life’, Vikasana and Gift Your Organ Foundation will organize an organ donation drive on campus.
The week-long celebrations will conclude with ‘Sarthak’, an event to support Ashwini Charitable Trust, which works towards educating underprivileged children in Bangalore.