- Immunity given to lawmakers should not protect them from criminal prosecution for accepting bribes: Centre in Supreme Court
- 'I am not as communal as I am made out to be': Smriti Irani's swipe at Oppn
- 2 terrorists killed in Kashmir encounter, identified
- SC releases accused, who couldn't comply with HC condition, on bail after 3 years
- Nitish Kumar must answer how JD-U MLC was able to obtain caste survey data: Sushil Modi
- 'Gehlot Saheb, 2023 comes before 2030, have you forgotten count', Nadda takes dig at Raj CM
- What happened on October 5 in History?
- Apollo Medical College hosts 'White Coat Ceremony'
- Know about cybersecurity trends
- Youth shot at by unidentified gunmen in J&K’s Anantnag
Celebrity football match
MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi at a celebrity football match at JLN stadium in New Delhi on Saturday. Cricketers win soccer tie but Ranbir stands out It...
MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi at a celebrity football match at JLN stadium in New Delhi on Saturday. Cricketers win soccer tie but Ranbir stands out It was a different ball game altogether when the Indian cricketers took on movie stars at the floodlit Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in a maiden charity football match here. The cricketers emerged victorious by a scoreline of 4-3 last night but they were given a run for their money by the All Star team led by Abhishek Bachchan. The funds raised from the match went to the Magic Bus Organisation, which works for charity for underprivileged children. Virat Kohli launched the team for his foundation 'All Heart Football Club' against the All Stars Football Club. With 'RK' emblazoned on his back and the loudest cheers from the crowd every time he had the ball, the 'Barfi' star Ranbir Kapoor stole the show. He dribbled past defenders at ease, outpaced the cricketers, made numerous attempts at goal and capped off his night with a blistering strike from the edge of the penalty box. The only blip was a missed penalty, which however he made up for by winning another one for his team. Earlier, the cricketers dressed in red and black, showed their prowess with the ball at their feat by smashing three goals in the first half. They started off in an aggressive fashion with Mahendra Singh Dhoni making a pin-point cross in the box from the right wing which was duly put at the back of the net by Tanmoy Mishra giving the 'All Heart' team the lead in the second minute of the game.