- Elon Musk X Platform Set for Algorithm Overhaul; Details
- Delhi HC seeks Centre's reply on plea against notification imposing restrictions on women for change of surname
- Telangana Food Lab Confirms Contaminated Chocolate
- 'Phir Aayi Hasseen Dillruba': Kanika Dhillon unmasks the real Dinesh Pandit
- New investments in semiconductor chips will remain in Asia but moving away from China: Moody's Analytics
- IndiaTech partners T9L to launch early-stage incubation programme for startups
- K’taka CM accepts controversial caste census report ahead of Lok Sabha elections
- Cabinet approves Rs 150 crore to set up global big cat alliance
- X App Audio and Video Calling Functionality Explained
- 12-member panel to supervise inventory of Ratna Bhandar
Saffron party lines up slew of stirs for T state
Hyderabad: In a significant move, Bharatiya Janata Party has vowed to up the ante on Telangana statehood with a slew of programmes in the coming...
Hyderabad: In a significant move, Bharatiya Janata Party has vowed to up the ante on Telangana statehood with a slew of programmes in the coming months. Apart from actively taking part in agitations announced by the Telangana JAC, the saffron party decided to conduct dharnas in 10 district Collectorates on July 5 and executive meetings in each district to be chaired by a key State leader on July 6 and 7.
BJP leadership even chalked out a plan to tour extensively in villages of 60 assembly constituencies from July 10 till 20 to expose Congress party's opportunistic attitude on the Telangana issue. These decisions were taken at the Telangana Udyama Committee meeting held at a private function hall in Secunderabad on Thursday. G Kishan Reddy chaired the meeting that was attended by several State leaders and presidents of 10 district units.
Speaking on the occasion, Kishan Reddy slammed the Union Government on Rayala Telangana and special package speculations that were doing rounds for the last few days. He stated that Telangana public would not accept anything short of a separate state comprising ten districts with Hyderabad as its capital. Highly criticising the proposed meeting of Telangana Congress at Nizam College grounds on June 30, the BJP state chief demanded leaders to spell out their stand on the issue during the meet.
Leaders who spoke later reiterated that Telangana would become a reality soon after BJP-led NDA Government annexes power in 2014. Bandaru Dattatreya, Nagam Janardhan Reddy, P Muralidhar Rao, Ch Vidyasagar Rao, N Indrasena Reddy, Dr K Laxman, T Rajeshwar Rao, Endala Lakshminarayana, Yennam Srinivas Reddy and others took part.