- Gritty stories depicting the realities of the entertainment industry
- ORS Essentials: Simple Steps to Hydration and Daily Health
- Asian Games: Brave and unique Ayhika, Sutirtha lose in semis, claim bronze in women's doubles TT
- Stress a major cause of digestive problems : Experts
- Govt has failed to protect Law & Order: Basavaraj Bommai
- Honorable Deve Gowda, if your son repeatedly announces party dissolution and political retirement, where should the activists go?: DCM DK Shivakumar question
- AI can help in improving success rate of IVF treatment, say doctors
- Nandamuri Balakrishna and wife takes part in Satyagraha Deeksha ay NTR Bhavan
- Gandhi Jayanti 2023: Songs, Movies, and Actors That Remind Us of Mahatma Gandhi!
- Eradicate sense of animosity, says Haryana Guv on Gandhi Jayanti
Call for PV statue in Parliament
Rich tributes paid on his birth anniversary Govt and Cong leaders organize such programme for first time Hydearbad: Rich tributes were paid to...
- Rich tributes paid on his birth anniversary
- Govt and Cong leaders organize such programme for first time
Hydearbad: Rich tributes were paid to the legendary PV Narasimha Rao on his 92nd birth anniversary at Gyana Bhoomi on Friday. The Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, ministers J Geeta Reddy, Ponnala Lakshmaiah, Kanna Lakshminarayana, K Jana Reddy, MP Anjan Kumar Yadav, Chairman Legislative Council A Chakrapani, BJP leader Bandaru Dattatreya, sons of PV- P V Ranga Rao and P V Rajeswar Rao were among those who paid tributes to the former Prime Minister.
It may be noted that this was the first time since the death of Narasimha Rao in 2004 that either the state Congress or the Government leaders organized or participated in any programme related to him. Speaking to the media, Rajeswara Rao recalled the yeomen services rendered by the former Prime Minister and urged the Chief Minister to see that the statue of Narasimha Rao was installed in the premises of the Parliament. BJP leader Dattatreya recalled how Narasimha Rao had steered the country out of economic crisis and ushered in economic reforms. He suggested that a bronze statue of Rao be installed at some important centre in the city. The Minister for Information Technology, Lakshmaiah said Rao was close to the Nehru family and guided the Nehru scions.
The Chief Minister and other leaders offered floral tributes and participated in bhajans and special prayers. At Gandhi Bhavan, the party leaders paid floral tributes to Narasimha Rao and said that he was a true Gandhian, philosopher and linguist. The Yuvajana Congress members also paid rich tributes to him and distributed free books to students of Uppuguda Government Primary school.