- Tirupati: Ballot & control unit boxes reach Tirupati
- Petrol and diesel prices today in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 29 September, 2023
- MyVoice: Views of our readers 29th September 2023
- Protests And Shutdowns Grip Bengaluru Over Cauvery Water Dispute
- Gold rate in Visakhapatnam today slashes, check the rates on 29 September, 2023
- Raise awareness about heart health
- Delhi Government Extends Excise Policy: Impact On Liquor Trade And Future Plans
- Chittoor: CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy sanctioned Rs 2,800 crore for water needs says Minister P Ramachandra Reddy
- A true son of soil, who met India’s food needs
- AP High Court to hear Chandrababu's anticipatory bail plea in IRR case today
Lakshman inaugurates cricket academy
The Andhra Cricket Academy (Central Zone) was launched at Mangalagiri in Guntur district on Tuesday. Former international cricketer VVS Lakshman...
The Andhra Cricket Academy (Central Zone) was launched at Mangalagiri in Guntur district on Tuesday. Former international cricketer VVS Lakshman inaugurated the academy. He said Andhra Cricket Association (ACA), which had set up the academy, was being closely watched by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) owing to its fast growth.
The cricketer said that the ACA's office-bearers, especially MSK Prasad, have been successful in promoting cricket and encouraging young talent. The ACA had tied up with best coaches who were highly qualified. The Academy was taking every care for the balanced diet of its students, which was highly appreciable. Parents should be complimented for identifying potential of their kids and encouraging them to pursue cricket as a main sporting activity, he said.
The ACA Cricket Operations director, MSK Prasad, said that the ACA had started conducting coaching camps in 2010. More than 35 camps were conducted around the region and some students of ACA like Ricky Bhui and Sneha Deepti rose to national level, he said. He recalled that the ACA had faced several hardships in establishing the academy. The support of ACA honorable secretary Gangaraju Gokaraju in establishing academy was laudable. He thanked Lakshman for his support to the academy.
The ACA joint secretary, Ch Arun Kumar, said that the ACA had employed top class coaches of India. The reason for this was highly qualified coaches play a vital role in building the career of budding cricketers. ACA president D V Subba Rao, vice-president Mohan Das and others were present.