PIL seeks SIT probe in spot-fixing, stay on remaining IPL 6 matches
In the midst of the spot-fixing scandal that has rocked the IPL, a Public interest Litigation (PIL) has been...
In the midst of the spot-fixing scandal that has rocked the IPL, a Public interest Litigation (PIL) has been filed in the Supreme Court seeking a stay on the remaining IPL matches. The PIL also has sought the setting up of aA Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe the spot-fixing allegations and other alleged irregularities in the IPL. A Lucknow based resident has filed the PIL and has made all IPL franchises and BCCI party to the case along with the Centre. "There are many irregularities in the IPL beginning from auction of players. Black money and money from anti-social elements are involved in the IPL which needs to be probed," advocate Vishnu Jain, who filed the petition, said The petition sought a stay on remaining four matches including final match of the IPL till the probe is completed. Jain field the petition on behalf of one Sudarsh Awasthi who claims to be an architect.
- Father-son duo Mulayam and Akhilesh Yadav cleared from disproportionate assets case
- Lok Sabha polls 2019: These Kingmakers could decide who forms the new government
- They can keep dreaming: Kharge on BJP's alleged bid to form government in Karnataka
- Bihar should be granted special category status: Nitish Kumar
- Gunfight in Jammu and Kashmir's Shopian