- Air Akasa says its plea in court not against DGCA or Civil Aviation Ministry
- Unnao custodial death: Delhi HC grants bail to convicted UP Police officials
- Delhi Police rescues man attempting suicide on Instagram live
- BRS MLA M Hanumantha Rao quit party
- Quad ministerial meeting calls for comprehensive approach to fight terrorism
- Congress questions secular credentials of JD(S) following its alliance with BJP
- Bidhuri remarks row: Ali calls it 'hate speech', says could quit House if action not taken; Oppn rallies behind BSP MP
- Volume growth returning, rural demand seeing green shoots: Procter & Gamble
- Large number of valuable monuments not under any protection: Parliamentary panel
- Eight-year-old Indian-origin girl makes UK medical history By Aditi Khanna
PIL seeks SIT probe in spot-fixing, stay on remaining IPL 6 matches
In the midst of the spot-fixing scandal that has rocked the IPL, a Public interest Litigation (PIL) has been filed in the Supreme Court seeking a stay...
In the midst of the spot-fixing scandal that has rocked the IPL, a Public interest Litigation (PIL) has been filed in the Supreme Court seeking a stay on the remaining IPL matches. The PIL also has sought the setting up of aA Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe the spot-fixing allegations and other alleged irregularities in the IPL. A Lucknow based resident has filed the PIL and has made all IPL franchises and BCCI party to the case along with the Centre. "There are many irregularities in the IPL beginning from auction of players. Black money and money from anti-social elements are involved in the IPL which needs to be probed," advocate Vishnu Jain, who filed the petition, said The petition sought a stay on remaining four matches including final match of the IPL till the probe is completed. Jain field the petition on behalf of one Sudarsh Awasthi who claims to be an architect.