- Mallampally as new mandal
- The list of LS ticket prospects becomes longer in Kerala
- Sitharaman credits Narasimha Rao for bringing 33% reservation for women at Panchayat level
- High-speed train between Ahmedabad & Sanand to commence operations in 6 months
- Delhi Police file charge sheet before court in Pragati Maidan tunnel robbery case
- India 'oldest democracy', publish books presenting its journey to world: Om Birla to publishers
- Women's representation in policymaking now set to increase significantly, says Anurag Thakur
- Assam government waives off loans of 2.2 lakh women
- I don't think anyone in world cricket at the moment would have a seam position as good as Shami: Harbhajan Singh
- Two terrorists arrested in J&K’s Baramulla
Stage set for T Cong meet today
The only agenda for the meeting is to pass a resolution demanding Telangana state that existed before the merger with Andhra in 1956. Hyderabad:...
The only agenda for the meeting is to pass a resolution demanding Telangana state that existed before the merger with Andhra in 1956. Hyderabad: The stage is set for the first public meeting to demand de-merger of Telangana. T Congress leaders led by K Jana Reddy and Deputy Chief Minister Damodar Rajanarasimha have made arrangements in such a way that there would be no scope for any controversy. The meeting has been named as Telangana Sadhana Sabha. Talking to the media after inspecting the arrangements, former minister Shabbir Ali said that a huge stage has been erected to accommodate about 120 people. All ministers, both from the State and the Centre, Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha MPs, MLAs, MLCs, former legislators, former PCC presidents, district Congress presidents, chairmen of cooperative banks and senior leaders will sit on the stage. About 10 leaders, including Deputy Chief Minister Raja Narasimha, Panchayat Raj Minister Jana Reddy and former PCC president D Srinivas will address the party workers. The only agenda for the meeting is to pass a resolution demanding Telangana state that existed before the merger with Andhra in 1956. He said the only agenda for the meeting is to pass a resolution demanding Telangana state that existed before the merger with Andhra in 1956. No other proposal was acceptable to the Congress party, he said. Shabbir Ali said the process of consultations for a consensus was over and now the high command has to take a final decision. This resolution was to reiterate the demand of the T protagonists and impress upon the party about the need to take a quick decision. He said this meeting should not be construed as anti-Seemandhra. The leaders from those regions will naturally try to act as per the aspirations of the people of those regions, he said. Shabbir further said that the backdrop screen on the stage will not have photographs of any State leaders. It will only have pictures of AICC president Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and AICC Vice President Rahul Gandhi.