T region witnesses anti- Cong protests
Expressing ire against the Congress high command for dilly-dallying the Telangana issue yet again, protests...
Expressing ire against the Congress high command for dilly-dallying the Telangana issue yet again, protests were held in ten districts on Saturday. Led by BJP national vice-president Bandaru Dattatreya, party activists staged protests with black flags at RTC X Roads on Saturday. Saffron party activists burnt UPA'S effigy and decried centre's attitude towards the issue. Members of Telangana Students JAC staged dharna at Gandhi Bhavan in Nampally.
Raising slogans against the Central government, students alleged that it lacked the commitment to resolve the issue. They demanded Congress ministers and legislators from Telangana to tender resignations immediately or face severe backlash from the public. Similar protests were seen in Mahabubnagar district. While BJP and TRS activists staged protests wearing black badges in Wanaparthy, saffron party supporters staged rasta-roko in Narayanpet.
Students, government employees and T JAC leaders conducted separate protests at various places in Nizamabad district. Some protagonists burnt the effigy of Congress Core Committee at NTR chowrastha in Nizamabad. On the other hand, students' part of Kakatiya University JAC burnt Union Government's effigy at a protest programme in Warangal.
- Count all VVPATs, if mismatch with EVM figures, says Sitaram Yechury
- It is just an exit poll, not an exact poll: JD(S) leader Kumaraswamy
- PPP model proposed by centre for suburban railway project
- Heartbreaking: Mufti condemns killing of PDP activist in militant attack
- Results of Delhi Lok Sabha poll may get delayed by 5-6 hrs: Chief Election Officer