Badrinath shrine to close for winter breaks Nov 18
Badrinath Shrine to Close For Winter Breaks Nov 18, Sri Badrinath Shrine, Panchak Puja. The "kapat" (doors) of the Sri Badrinath Shrine would be closed for devotees Nov 18 for six months, officials said Tuesday.
The "kapat" (doors) of the Sri Badrinath Shrine would be closed for devotees Nov 18 for six months, officials said Tuesday.
A decision on this was taken on Dussehra by the management committee of the Badrinath shrine after seeing the auspicious timing in the almanac.
Officials said the doors would close for the winter breaks starting Nov 18 at 7.38 p.m. The beginning of the closure process was initiated with the "panchak puja" Sunday.
"The closure would be completed with proper puja Nov 18 under the Rohini Nakshatra and mithun lagna," an official told IANS.
The shrine would remain close for the next six months due to the annual winter breaks.
The Badrinath Yatra, which is part of the "Char Dham Yatra" undertaken every year along with pilgrimage to Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri, was interrupted in June after flash floods ravaged the entire area and ripped off the roads.
Thousands of pilgrims were stranded enroute to Badrinath and hundreds killed in the Kedar valley. Hundreds have since been missing and are presumed dead now.
- Count all VVPATs, if mismatch with EVM figures, says Sitaram Yechury
- It is just an exit poll, not an exact poll: JD(S) leader Kumaraswamy
- PPP model proposed by centre for suburban railway project
- Heartbreaking: Mufti condemns killing of PDP activist in militant attack
- Results of Delhi Lok Sabha poll may get delayed by 5-6 hrs: Chief Election Officer