Three awesome Awadhi recipes
Three awesome Awadhi recipes. Add the soaked rice in the prepared stock and cook for 15 to 20 mins till it is 75% cooked.
Awadhi Murgh Biriyani
Chicken 1 kg
Onion 400 gm
Ginger 10 gm
Garlic 10 gm
Black cardamoms 4 pcs
Peppercorns 4 pcs
Fennel seed 1 tbl spoon
Mace 2 pcs
Cumin seed 1 tea spoon
Nut meg ¼
cloves 4 – 6 pcs
Green cardamoms 6-8 pcs
Bay leaf 6pcs
caraway seeds 1 tea spoon
Saffron 1 gm
Milk ½ ltr
Tomato puree 200gm
mint leaves 2 pinch each
Preparation of chicken for biriyani
• Clean, wash and cut chicken into one and half inch sizes cubes.
• Wash rice twice and soak in two cups of water for 15 minutes.
• Peel ,wash and slice onions
• Heat sufficient oil in a handi and shallow fry the onion slice till golden brown.
• Add peppercorns, black cardamoms, fennel seed , mace, cinnamon stick in golden brown onin and also add Add ginger and garlic paste. Add turmeric powder,kashmiri chilly powder and garam masala,tomato puree and curd, cook it for 5 to 10 mins on simmer.
• Add chicken and stir well to mix and cook it for 10 mins.
Note: also prepare vegetable stock separately with green cardamom, bay leaf, mace, black cardamom.
• Add the soaked rice in the prepared stock and cook for 15 to 20 mins till it is 75% cooked.
• Drain the water from the rice and add it in the prepared chicken also add saffron, ghee to infuse aroma.
• Keep it on slow flame for 15 to 20 mins on a tawa.
• Serve it hot with salan and raita
Chopped coriander leaf and brown onion
Grated Paneer 1 ¼ cup
Hung Curd 1 cup
Chopped Coriander 2 tsp
Chopped Green chilies 2 tsp
Chopped Ginger 1 tbl spoon
Sugar a pinch
Salt to taste
Dry fruits Almond, raisins
Bread Crumbs 3tbsp Oil
For deep fried
• Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
• Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into small round kebab.
• Roll each kebab in bread crumbs and corn flour so that the kebabs are evenly coated from all the sides.
• Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry the kebabs a few at a time. Drain on an absorbent paper and serve hot.
• Chopped coriander and mint leaves.
Minced mutton meat 600 gms
Raw papaya paste 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste 1 cup
Mace powder ¼ tsp
Kebab Chini 3 to 4
Patthar ke Phool seeds 3 to 4
Green Cardmoms 4
Cinnamon Stick 1
Coriander seed 1 tbl spoon
Fennel Seed 1tsp
Cumin Seed 1tsp
Red chilly powder 1tsp
Nut Meg 1/4
Red Chilies 3 to 4
• In a pan, dry roast few seeds of crushed kebab chini,patthar ke phool,4 green cardamoms, 1 Cinnamon stick , 1 tsp coriander seed ,1tsp cumin seed . 1tsp fennel seed.
• In a mortar and pestle, add these spices and grind them together.
• Add all the ingredients with the mutton and grind to minced meat.
• Temper the minced meat with hole garam masala and ghee and keep it covered for 30 min to 40 min.
• Make elongated patties by making round balls and pressing it flat and rolling it and refrigerate the kebab for 1 hour.
• Heat the ghee in a heavy bottom skillet (on a medium flame) and shallow fry the kebabs till golden brown on both sides.
Cool on paper towel.
In a pan heat a table spoon of oil and add chopped coriander leaves, mint leave and green chilies. Add butter and lime.