- SC imposes Rs 25K costs for filing 60-page synopsis against a 5-page HC order
- Dell considering a fresh investment in Bengaluru, says Karnataka govt
- AP CID serves notices to Nara Lokesh in IRR case, asks him to attend on October 4
- TMC will take MGNREGA job card holders to Delhi in special buses for protests in Delhi
- Loneliness blur line between real and fictional people: Study
- Vasireddy Padma complains to DGP against TDP leader over remarks on RK Roja
- Elon Musk's X paid nearly $20 million to creators: CEO Linda Yaccarino
- Let Centre stop our movement in Delhi, if it can: Abhishek Banerjee
- Party leadership didn't speak a word to me on alliance with BJP: K’taka JD(S) president
- Kerala HC steps in as parents in war over child's name
The true story of Telangana
With an objective to narrate the true history of Telangana, professor Maramraju Satyanarayana wrote the book titled ‘This Is Telangana: Past-Present’, which was published by Adugujadalu Publications. The book was launched by Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC) Chairman Ghanta Chakrapani at Press Club, Somajiguda on Thursday. Writer and Hyderabad Book Fair President, Juluri Gourishank
With an objective to narrate the true history of Telangana, professor Maramraju Satyanarayana wrote the book titled ‘This Is Telangana: Past-Present’, which was published by Adugujadalu Publications. The book was launched by Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC) Chairman Ghanta Chakrapani at Press Club, Somajiguda on Thursday. Writer and Hyderabad Book Fair President, Juluri Gourishankar headed the launch.
Calling the book a great reference for students, Ghanta Chakrapani said, “We have to find roots to search for the history of Telangana. Today the many books available in the market on history of Telangana are not as per standards. Maramraju Satyanarayana is a great historian and he did his best to write the true history of Telangana through this book. Satyanarayana has included many important and major issues of Telangana in the book.”
Much of Deccani history and the story of the rulers of the region is usually assumed to be Telangana history. “Telangana people strived for 500 years under the Muslim rule and many people may think that Deccani history is our history, but it is not true, though Nizams also developed Telangana. Writing history is always challenging as one has to touch the basic roots to know the real history.
I read the book and I was amazed with the author’s writing on modernisation of Telangana. I think this book is useful for young writers who want to do research on Telangana history,” shared Allam Narayana, Press Academy Chairman.
“I had not written this book for making money. I wrote this book to tell the exact history of Telangana to the people of this region. In 1983 I had written a book about Ambedkar but no one had encouraged me. The history of Telangana was neglected by the past rulers. In the book I wrote about the past as well as modernization of Telangana,” related Maramraju Satyanarayana, writer of the book.
Andhrajyothi Editor K Srinivas, Namasthe Telangana Editor K Shekar Reddy, State Government Financial Adviser G Rajireddy, Professors Adapa Satyanarayana, Madhusudhan Reddy were among those who attended and shared their views during the event.