- Mallampally as new mandal
- The list of LS ticket prospects becomes longer in Kerala
- Sitharaman credits Narasimha Rao for bringing 33% reservation for women at Panchayat level
- High-speed train between Ahmedabad & Sanand to commence operations in 6 months
- Delhi Police file charge sheet before court in Pragati Maidan tunnel robbery case
- India 'oldest democracy', publish books presenting its journey to world: Om Birla to publishers
- Women's representation in policymaking now set to increase significantly, says Anurag Thakur
- Assam government waives off loans of 2.2 lakh women
- I don't think anyone in world cricket at the moment would have a seam position as good as Shami: Harbhajan Singh
- Two terrorists arrested in J&K’s Baramulla
Nutrient food kits to nursing mothers
The Telangana government and ICRISAT have jointly organised a programme to prevent the mortality rate of nursing mothers due to anemia in tribal areas of erstwhile Adilabad district.
Utnoor (Adilabad): The Telangana government and ICRISAT have jointly organised a programme to prevent the mortality rate of nursing mothers due to anemia in tribal areas of erstwhile Adilabad district.
MP Nagesh, MLA Rekha Naik and District Collector RV Karnan participated in the inaugural programme and distributed nutrient food and kits to the nursing mothers and Anganwadi workers on Wednesday.
Speaking on the occasion, the MP praised the efforts of ICRISAT and said that these kits will be useful to the beneficiaries. He said that the Chief Minister, K Chandrashekar Rao, will launch the programme in the State soon. Nagesh asked the tribal women to avail the facility.
The pilot project programme will be implemented in Kasipet, Utnoor and Tiryani mandals.