MPTCs to undergo major changes
Officials plan to make changes in Mandal Parishad Territorial Constituencies MPTC as per directives of Election Commission The officials concerned are directed by their higherups to make the changes in accordance with panchayats
- New rules declare one MPTC for every 3000-4000 population
- Petition filed against merging reluctant villages in municipality
Vikarabad: Officials plan to make changes in Mandal Parishad Territorial Constituencies (MPTC) as per directives of Election Commission. The officials concerned are directed by their higher-ups to make the changes in accordance with panchayats.
The last date to announce the final list of MPTCs is February 25 as per the latest update from Panchayat Raj Commission.
According to new rules, there will be one MPTC for 3000-4000 population. Officials plan to include nearby panchayats as the newly formed are less populated so as to be eligible to be MPTCs.
Orders were passed to officials following a petition filed court not to consider the reluctant villages for merger in the municipality. As a result, MPTC positions in the district may get reduced.
Villages opposed to merger in the municipality are Kompalli, Narayanpur, Dhannaram, Burgupalli, Chittempalli, Gudupalli, and Girgetpalli. Panchayat Commissioner Neethu Prasad directed the Collectors to complete the identifying process of MPTCs quickly and get ready for the ensuing elections.
- Army to induct Dhanush the desi howitzer soon
- India to hold bilateral business forums with Croatia, Bolivia, Chile
- Two killed in Jammu and Kashmir landslide
- Jet airways suspends operations of 13 int'l routes over rentals non-payment
- Congress announces 35 more candidates for LS polls, Raj Babbar gets Fatehpur Sikri