- HC directs govt to implement steps mooted by experts to protect Durgam Cheruvu
- Vijayawada: Pulivendula TDP leader Satish Reddy joins YSRCP
- Tech advances should find solutions for global challenges: UGC chief
- Gold rates in Delhi today stable, check the rates on 02 March, 2024
- Gold rate in Vijayawada today surges, check the rates on 2 March, 2024
- Kurnool: TDP’s delay on candidate ups number of aspirants
- Tardy pace of Aramghar flyover work throws commuters into a tailspin
- Rameswaram Café blast: Hyderabad City put on high alert
- Surprise inspection by HMWSSB MD
- Untold Stories of our temples-5: State govt fiddles while land sharks gobble up God's lands
hina unlikely to contest polls
Islamabad (PTI): Pakistan's former foreign minister Hina Rabbani Khar is unlikely to contest polls to parliament next month as her father is a...
Islamabad (PTI): Pakistan's former foreign minister Hina Rabbani Khar is unlikely to contest polls to parliament next month as her father is a candidate for the National Assembly constituency that she represented earlier, according to a media report on Sunday. The nomination papers of Khar's father, Ghulam Rabbani Khar, for parliamentary constituency number 177 in Punjab province have been approved by poll authorities. Khar was quoted by The Express Tribune as saying that she had only "applied as a covering candidate to my father". As her father's papers had been cleared, Khar told the daily that "would be that for her political career for now". Khar has also not applied for a parliamentary seat reserved for women on a Pakistan People's Party ticket. "That continues to be the position," she said.