- Corporator Koppula Narasimha Reddy starts inddorngames in Mansoorabad division
- Mangalurean girl excels: Her Short flims to go to Cannes Film Festival
- Telangana Government releases Rythu Bandhu funds
- Calcutta High Court puts stay on defamation suit against Suvendu Adhikari
- Supreme Court adjourns hearing on CBI's plea against interim bail granted to former ICICI bank chief Chanda Kochhar
- Naveen Patnaik inaugurates India’s largest Sports Science Centre in Kalinga Stadium
- Beyond the classroom: Exploring VR in education technology
- YSRCP Gearing up for early elections. Changes party in-charges
- AQI at an all-time high, but it is even worse inside your homes; Act now!
- Kodagu Police Swings dragnet
100 flights cancelled due to fog in London
Heavy fog across the UK forced 100 flights from London\'s Heathrow Airport to be cancelled.The London airport, the busiest in Europe, said on Monday the cancellations were due to low visibility, at barely 100 metres, Efe news reported.
Heavy fog across the UK forced 100 flights from London's Heathrow Airport to be cancelled.The London airport, the busiest in Europe, said on Monday the cancellations were due to low visibility, at barely 100 metres, Efe news reported.
"Heathrow's top priority is the safety of passengers and we apologize to those whose travel has been affected," it said in a statement, adding that passengers should contact their airlines before arriving.
London City Airport, located near the centre of the British capital, was also forced to ground several flights but did not report the number of affected planes.
Stansted Airport, to the north of the city, said no flights had yet been cancelled while Gatwick, to the south, also did not report cancellations or delays.
The Meteorological Service said it expected the fog to clear later in the day.