- Rajasthan: SUV rams into procession after driver suffers heart attack; dies
- Pakistan beat India by 5 wickets in Friendship Cricket Series for the Blind in UAE
- MVA to seal seat sharing deal in Feb-end: AICC leader Ramesh Chennithala
- TDP leader Dr Pemmasani Chandrasekhar performed pujas in the temples
- Strong domestic fund flows mitigated impact of FII selling in last two months
- Nadda unveils busts of 17 'Heroes of Mumbai' in city garden
- TDP President Abdul Aziz Denounces Attacks on Media by YCP, Advocates for Press Freedom
- TDP leaders meet Vemireddy Prabhakar Reddy in Nellore
- PM Modi to visit Sant Ravi Das temple in Varanasi on Friday, his third trip since 2016
- Centre issues stern warning against surrogate ads seen as harming consumers
54 detained in Paris suburb for violent rioting, detained till tomorrow
The prosecutor\'s office for the Paris suburb of Saint-Denis says the detention of 54 young people suspected of taking parts in violent riots has been extended by 24 hours.
The prosecutor's office for the Paris suburb of Saint-Denis says the detention of 54 young people suspected of taking parts in violent riots has been extended by 24 hours.
The youngsters were arrested on Tuesday for allegedly throwing stones at police cars, setting fires and lobbing smoke bombs into a high school.
The prosecutor's office said among those arrested were students from the school.
There was no clear information about a possible motive. One hypothesis linked the turmoil to ongoing outrage over the Feb. 2 assault of a young man who was allegedly raped with a police baton.
Education minister Najat Vallaud-Belkacem asked for tough judicial sanctions against the troublemakers, speaking of an "extremely serious" action.