Top

Mahbubnagar gets 63.48 crore to promote self-employment among STs

Mahbubnagar gets 63.48 crore to promote self-employment among STs
Highlights

The district Scheduled Tribe Cooperative Development Society (DSTCDS) has been sanctioned Rs 63.48 crore for the economic uplift of tribes in...

Mahbubnagar: The district Scheduled Tribe Cooperative Development Society (DSTCDS) has been sanctioned Rs 63.48 crore for the economic uplift of tribes in Mahbubnagar district.

According to DSTCDS authorities, they have categorised the subsidy schemes under three categories. Accordingly, beneficiaries under first category whose unit cost is about Rs 1 lakh will get 80 per cent subsidy, while the remaining 20 per cent will be provided by the banks. Under second category, the beneficiary who opts for a self employment scheme with a unit cost of Rs 2 lakh will get 70 per cent subsidy.

And under third category, a person having a unit cost ranging from Rs 2 to 12 lakh will get a subsidy of 60 per cent, with a maxiumum subsidy not crossing Rs 5 lakh.

“For the year 2017-18, the government has allocated Rs 63.48 crore to benefit about 2,330 ST beneficiaries. People can begin small scale industries or set up small shops or go for sheep rearing, cattle for milk and dairy etc,” informed a senior official in the DSTCDS.

Show Full Article
Print Article

Download The Hans India Android App or iOS App for the Latest update on your phone.
Subscribed Failed...
Subscribed Successfully...
Next Story
More Stories