- Doctor passengers help baby suffering from severe breathing crisis on flight
- Number of students in Delhi govt schools decreases by over 30,000: RTI reply
- US condemns China for imposing life sentence on Uyghur academic
- Lorry owners strike - makes no headway
- Hina Khan embraces inner strength as ’Sher Khan’: It’s truly a game changer
- Bengaluru Kambala: No deviation from the court orders says organisers
- Congress has appointed Ajay Maken as the new Treasurer of AICC
- PM Modi lays foundation stone for multiple development projects in Mahaboob Nagar district
- Delhi government has taken strict measures in response to a fire at Azadpur Mandi
- 120 Kashmiri youths to take part in ‘Kashmiri Yuva Sammelan’
KTR: Green coverage in Hyderabad is a major priority
Municipal Administration and Urban Development Minister KT Rama Rao inaugurated the new facilities at the Botanical Garden in Hyderabad on Wednesday The newly developed urban forest park located at Kothaguda forest reserve near Hitech City has been opened to the public today
Municipal Administration and Urban Development Minister KT Rama Rao inaugurated the new facilities at the Botanical Garden in Hyderabad on Wednesday. The newly developed urban forest park located at Kothaguda forest reserve near Hi-tech City has been opened to the public today.
Developed on 12 acres of land at an estimated cost of Rs 5 crore, the urban park has public transport facility available.
Speaking at the occasion, KTR said that the Telangana government is committed towards forest conservation in the state and increasing green space in Hyderabad.
He said that 10 of the 100 lung spaces have already been completed and the remaining are being created around the city.
The Minister added that various environmental activities are being taken up and the city is being given green coverage keeping the future generations in view.