- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
33 killed as bus with students heading for picnic falls into gorge in Raigad
A bus carrying 34 passengers fell off a mountain road in Ambenali Ghat, Raigad district on Saturday afternoon The mishap resulted in the death of thirtythree students and staff of a Maharashtra University
A bus carrying 34 passengers fell off a mountain road in Ambenali Ghat, Raigad district on Saturday afternoon. The mishap resulted in the death of thirty-three students and staff of a Maharashtra University.
According to the police, the bus heading to Mahabaleshwar skidded off the road while passing through the mountainous region, further falling into a 250 to 300 feet deep gorge.
Students and staff members of the Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth Agriculture University (Dapoli) were on their way for a picnic to Mahabaleshwar. The lone survivor clambered up the mountainside and alerted locals. Immediately, the teams from the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) rushed to the spot for the rescue operation.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi condoled the deaths in the mishap.
Pained by the loss of lives due to a bus accident in Maharashtra's Raigad district. My condolences to those who lost their loved ones: PM @narendramodi— PMO India (@PMOIndia) July 28, 2018
Congress President Rahul Gandhi urged the party leaders to provide assistance to the families of the deceased.
I'm sorry to hear about the terrible bus accident in Raigad, Maharashtra in which a large number of people have been killed and many others injured. I appeal to Congress party workers in the area to provide all possible assistance to the injured & families of those who have died.— Rahul Gandhi (@RahulGandhi) July 28, 2018